I’ve done posts like these in various spots around the tubes before, but I don’t think I’ve posted this particular setup the way it is now.
Here’s what you’re seeing…
- 15″ unibody MacBook Pro — it’s the $2000 one, but I upgraded it to 4GB of RAM. It’s on a Logitech stand.
- 15″ MacBook Pro (MB133LL/A model) — latest one before the current model. I don’t use it too often these days, hence why it’s closed and off
- 2 silver 1 terabyte iomega external hard drives. These are my primary TV storage devices
- Behind the iomega drives is a Mac Mini desktop computer, upgraded to 2 GB of RAM.
- 500 GB Hitachi external hard drive
- 1 terabyte My Book external hard drive. This is my primary movie storage.
- 23″ Apple Cinema display which is hooked up to the Mac Mini. I use this primarily for media viewing (right now I am in the middle of season 1 of The Unit).
- A whole bunch of Microsoft mice, including two of the small Bluetooth ones. For all of the things MicroCrap does wrong, they’ve been making great mice for years now.
- Admittedly unballer speakers. I have some kickass Bose computer speakers+sub sitting unused, but I actually prefer these small USB speakers for some reason. You’d be amazed how good they sound.
- Sweet folding table. I love using folding tables for desks for three reasons. First, they’re really deep compared to most desks. I love having a large workspace and most desks are much shallower. Second, there’s tons of foot space because the legs are all the way at either end. Third, I don’t care about taking good care of it (I think it was $50) and it’s easy to move around.
Anyway, that’s what I’m working with here at my condo in Costa Rica. It’s great for multi-tasking (ie, working/chatting/TV watching).
Congrats to the Steelers.